THE BRIGID ALLIANCE INC.
Last modified: July 25, 2018
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including:
- Personal Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and that you submit to us through the registration process at our Website;
- Non-Personal Information which are information that cannot be used to personally identify you, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests, favorites and general demographic information we might collect;
- There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by us, such as your usage details, IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, and information collected through cookies. This information is used by the Company to maintain quality of the service and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Website.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us when you make a donation or when you sign up for our newsletter and events invitation list.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, such as Paypal and MailChimp.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to donate to our Company or when signing up for our newsletter and events invitation list.
- Donation’s receipt of payment made through PayPal.
- Correspondence sent for inclusion in our newsletter or other publications may be so used (as submitted or as edited by us in our sole discretion), including related personal information (such as your name), unless you request confidentiality in that regard.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including the ability for us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use locally stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us via email at [email protected]
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To operate, maintain and provide to you the features and functionality of the Website.
- To provide you with information and updates on our mission, if you have given your consent to do so. Please note that we do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out, such as sending you invitation to submit donations.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- In any other way, we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- For administrative purposes in relation to the security and access of our systems, premises, platforms and secured websites and applications
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and requests anywhere in the world, including reporting to and/or being audited by national and international regulatory bodies;
- As otherwise permitted or required by any applicable law or regulation and/or to comply with court orders and exercise and/or defend our legal rights;
- We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous user usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the Website and to create new features, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing user preferences and trends; and
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, such as PayPal (https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full), and MailChimp (https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/).
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of The Brigid Alliance Inc’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by The Brigid Alliance Inc about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Brigid Alliance Inc, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Third-Party Sharing: We work with third parties who provide services such as website hosting, order processing and fulfillment, credit card processing and clearance, data analysis, e-mailing and other, often administrative services. We may provide such third parties with visitors’ personal information and tracking data. We limit such service providers to using personal information, including financial information, that is shared with them solely for the purpose of providing such services and in full confidentiality.
- Third-Party Functionality: Our Website contains links to other websites operated by third parties. For example, when you make online donations to us, you will link to a third-party website through our Website. Such third parties may collect information about you, through cookies or other technologies, when you link to their websites through our Website. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of such third parties to understand how they collect and use information.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected] or write us at The Brigid Alliance Inc., PO Box 58, Planetarium Station, New York, NY10024.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Any personal information will be encrypted using SSL technologies.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Our Commitment To Privacy
Protecting the privacy of the people seeking abortion funding is especially important. For that reason, we do not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information on the Website from persons who are seeking information about abortion funding.
Special Notice To International Users
The Website is hosted in the United States and is intended for and directed to users located mainly in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, the information you provide to us and the tracking data we collect will be transferred to the United States, where levels of data of protection may differ from that of your own jurisdiction.
If you are a data subject in the European Union, we will ensure that any such international transfers are made subject to appropriate or suitable safeguards as required by the GDPR. Copies of the relevant safeguard documents are available upon request at [email protected] or at The Brigid Alliance Inc., PO Box 58, Planetarium Station, New York, NY10024.
By accessing our Website and by submitting your personal information, you consent to its transfer and storage in the United States and its use by us as provided for herein.